Feng shui living room is always a matter of concern for many homeowners. Because the living room is a very important space. This is where the owner receives the distinguished guests, the place shows the personality and status of the owner and is also the place where the feng shui factors directly affect the health, fortune, and luck of the owner and family. family. In this article, Thien Moc Huong will help you learn:
Table of Contents
1. How to arrange the living room by feng shui?
1.1 Location of the guest room
According to feng shui experts, when arranging the living room, it is necessary to place the living room in the center of the house. At the same time, direct the living room to good directions such as: Phuc Vi, Thien Y, Dien Nien, Vitality. Place the living room near the main door to make it easy to enter the house.
The best shape of the living room is square or rectangular. If there are protrusions, it is necessary to design walls, wall cabinets or mirrors to cover them. The living room needs to be balanced, with enough light to regulate the vitality, to help good airflow easily.
1.2 Arrange living room furniture by feng shui
The layout of the living room by feng shui also helps to increase good air. At the same time, bring a lot of luck, peace, money and happiness to the whole family. When arranging the interior, especially the sofa table, it must be done so that both the owner and the guest can face the main door but not the door.
Seats for owners and guests are as follows:
- The owner’s seat should have a view of both the room and the door.
- Guest seating should be on a diagonal perpendicular to the door.
In feng shui living room you should choose the sofa according to the shape and size of the living room. There are many types of sofas for you to choose from such as:
- Chairs are placed opposite the tea table for large living rooms.
- L-shaped sofa for small living rooms,…
Sofas should be placed with their backs to the wall to avoid facing the main door, creating a sense of insecurity for the occupants.
For spacious living rooms, it is best to arrange the living room in an 8-sided shape (bagua shape). According to feng shui experts, this layout creates a feeling of closeness and equality, making it easy for everyone to talk. This is the layout of the living room according to feng shui to bring politeness, create a feeling of intimacy and harmony between the owner and the guest.
You also need to create an airy space on the ceiling of the living room. Avoid placing sofas, tea tables under the crossbar. If the living room has many sharp corners that need to be covered. Because sharp corners will create killing intent that brings bad meanings to the owner and family.
Read more: Exploring feng shui meaning and definition in the life
1.3 How to arrange a living room with an altar
Many families do not have the conditions to design their own worship room, arrange the altar right in the living room. The altar is a negative, introspective object. The best direction to place the altar is the direction (Northwest) to help harmonize yin and yang. In addition, it should be noted:
- The location of the altar must show solemnity, the altar is leaning against a solid wall.
- The altar faces out, avoiding directly facing the main door. If you have to face it, you need a screen or a screen.
- It is forbidden to place the altar below or above the toilet or children’s room. Because these are considered noisy, dirty and unsanitary places.
- The size of the wall-mounted altar in the living room should be appropriate.
2. Main living room color according to Feng Shui
According to feng shui experts, paint color The living room’s furniture in particular and the whole house, in general, need to rely on the destiny of the breadwinner in the family. There are all 5 of the following: Metal, Wood, Water, Fire, Earth. Each destiny will have a suitable paint color.
2.1 Paint color of the living room for the Metal element
Living room paint according to feng shui. For owners par, Kim should be gray, white, light yellow, metallic colors… Homeowners of par Metal can also choose earthy orange, brown, earthy yellow, colors suitable for par earth owners. (because of earth birth Metal).
The owner of the metal element should not choose the colors red, pink, purple, dark red, the colors of the Fire element (because fire is engraved with metal).
2.2 Paint of the living room for Wood element:
Living room paint based on feng shui: suitable for homeowners with par wood are: banana green, moss green, green, … And the colors of the water element such as turquoise, navy blue, sky blue, cobalt blue…
Homeowners of Wood elements should not paint the living room with the following colors: gray, light yellow, white, metallic colors … (belonging to Metal).
2.3 The living room paint colors for the owner of the Water element
The colors of sky blue, navy blue, cobalt blue, etc. are living room paint colors for people of the Water element. Homeowners of the Water element can also use gray, white, light yellow, and iridescent colors (belonging to the Metal element).
Avoid painting the living room with earth element colors such as earthy orange, light earth color, brown, etc.
2.4 The living room paint colors for the owner of the Fire element
The living room paint colors suitable for the fire element owner are dark red, purple, pink, red, etc. But when painting these colors for the whole room, it will cause discomfort and objection. Therefore, homeowners should only choose accent colors in combination with neutral colors. Homeowners of par fire can also use colors: moss green, green, banana green, … (Belonging to the Wood element).
The owner of the Fire element absolutely does not use the colors of the Water element for the living room and the entire interior space.
2.5 The living room paint colors for the owner of the Earth element
The feng shui living room paint color for the earth element should be light earth orange, brown, earthy yellow, etc. At the same time, it is possible to use the colors of the Fire element, such as red, pink-purple, dark red, etc. (because Fire generated Earth).
Homeowners of Earth element should not paint the living room with colors belonging to Wood elements such as moss green, green, banana green
Read more: How to correctly choose feng shui colors for your house
3. Feng Shui hanging paintings in the Living room
3.1 Feng shui hanging paintings in the living room for 12 Chinese Zodiacs
Completely different from the choice of paint colors, feng shui hanging rooms are often chosen by feng shui experts according to the age of 12 animals.
- Age of the Monkey: The owner’s age was born in the years: 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004. If there are elderly people in the living room, it is recommended to hang pictures of pine cranes, patterns, architecture, and falling flocks. … These types of paintings will help increase the ability to trade, trade, and do business smoothly.
- Age of the Rooster: Homeowners born in the year of the Rooster were born in the years: 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 2005. Feng shui paintings for rooms in the year of the Rooster should have pictures of chamois, phoenixes, books, etc. These types of paintings mean that the grandchild is luxuriant, successful, his wife is harmonious, career is well developed…
- Age of the Dog: The owner of the year of the Dog was born in the years: 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006. The feng shui painting for the living room for the owner of the year of the dog should be a painting of 8-flowered or 9-flowered peony. . Homeowners of the year of the dog can also hang paintings of water and birds to keep the family safe, bring long-term wealth, smooth sailing, and promotion.
- Year of the Pig: The owner of the pig year was born in 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007. The wall paintings of the living room according to feng shui should be a picture of a carp with a river landscape. Or the paintings of Tuyet Son, the lack of fire-hanging paintings of eight horses or peonies, the lack of earth hanging from the mountains, the citadel. Hanging paintings for the living room for people of the year of the pig are not too picky, you can also choose from pictures of birds, flowers, or pictures of Tam Duong, Bach Hac Do, word paintings, etc. All bring good meanings…
- Year of the Rat: The owner of the Rat year was born in the years: 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008. People born in the year of the Rat should choose watercolor paintings to hang in the living room. In addition, there is also a Dragon painting with spirits like flying clouds, flowing water, and rolling dragons. These paintings will mean that people can help their luck to open up, have a perfect family, and advance their career path…
- Year of the Ox: The owners of the Ox year were born in the years: 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997. Feng shui hanging paintings for the living room for people born in the year of the Ox should be pictures of autumn, spring, and green landscapes with meanings of longevity, an abundance of money and prosperity.
- Year of the Tiger: The owner of the Tiger year was born in the years: 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998. The old owner should choose layering high mountain paintings, watercolor paintings, horse paintings, plateaus… To hang the living room. according to feng shui. The paintings are meant to affirm the position of leaning against the mountain, before opening the road to help the homeowner stay calm and the guests feel secure.
- Year of the Rabbit: The year of birth of the owners of the year of the Rabbit is: 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999. Hanging paintings for the living room for the owners of the year of the Rabbit should be pictures of orchids, paintings of bamboo newspapers of peace or Cedars – Chamomile – Bamboo – Apricot Blossom.
- Year of the Dragon: The owner of the Dragon age was born in the years: 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000. The painting is very suitable for making feng shui paintings hanging in the living room for people born in the year of the Dragon. In addition, paintings such as Painted Arc, Peony Painting, Hau Vuong Hien Thuy, Bach Ma Do, etc. are also very suitable, bringing good meanings. However, if choosing pictures of horses or flowers, they should not be hung in the South. It is best to hang in the East or the left-hand side of the host in the direction of the room.
- Year of the Snake: The owner of the year of the Snake was born in the years: 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001. When choosing living room paintings for people born in the year of the Snake, they should choose paintings of Eagles flying, dragons flying. In addition, there are paintings of pine cranes, lotus pond carp paintings, peony paintings, etc. Bringing good meaning to the owner and the whole family.
- Year of the Horse: Homeowners born in the year of the Horse were born in the years: 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 2002. The most suitable feng shui living room hanging paintings are paintings of carp (Nine fishes assembly). In addition, the paintings of juniper, bamboo apricots, watercolor paintings, etc. are also very suitable.
- Year of the Goat: People born in the year of the Goat were born in the years: 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003. It is very necessary for the people of the Goat year to hang decorative paintings in the house and the living room. Suitable types of paintings are charming paintings, paintings of trees, flowers, peonies, steppe paintings, quan yin paintings, etc.
3.2 Notes when hanging feng shui paintings in the living room
- Each age has different types of paintings to hang in the living room according to appropriate feng shui. But there are also paintings that signal peace and prosperity, suitable for every home. For example: carp painting, lotus flower painting, pine branch post painting…
- For watercolor painting, the water flow must be considered. Do not let the water flow out, it will lose the fortune.
- If it is a painting of a sailing boat, the head of the boat should not be facing out, which will cause financial loss. The head of the boat is facing inward, which means talent.
- When hanging pictures on the sofa, they should be hung horizontally with the implication that the sky is on the ground.
- For living rooms that lack light, it needs to be corrected immediately. At the same time, you can hang sunflower paintings to compensate for the shortcomings.
4. Feng shui plants in the living room
4.1 What is the use of feng shui living room plants?
Feng shui plants in the living room are placed on the stairs. The living room has a decorative effect, improving the aesthetics of the space. Feng shui plants also help the space become soft and gentle, creating a unique highlight for the house.
Not only that, but the feng shui plant in the living room is also an important feng shui element that brings many changes to the homeowner. The right feng shui bonsai will help bring a lot of health, luck and fortune…
4.2 Types of ornamental plants that should be planted in feng shui living room
4.2.1 Money Tree
It has a strange shape, the body is soft but very strong. Many people believe that decorating the living room with the Fortune tree will bring a lot of fortune and wealth.
4.2.2 Fortune Tree
This tree decorating the living room has a very special meaning. The characteristic of the Fortune tree is that it is always lush, the leaf tops are full of life. Placing a fortune plant in the living room will help bring a lot of luck, prosperity and fortune to the owner and family.
4.2.3 Honeysuckle Tree
In the past few years, Honeysuckle Tree has been chosen by many homeowners and placed in the living room. Its name means money. A well-developed tree represents the path of fame and fortune that is always getting better and better.
4.2.4 The Tree of Youth
Until now, people still love to use this tree in the feng shui living room. It is a plant with strong vitality that absorbs toxic gases in the house. Especially Formaldehyde, a toxic gas commonly found in cigarette smoke and helps the luck to be abundant, fortune goes up and means longevity.
4.2.5 Ironwood Tree
Ironwood tree has green leaves, white stripe in the middle. The plant has flowers when blooming pale yellow or white, fragrant. Like the tree of youth, the Ironwood Tree is used by many people to decorate the living room. It also absorbs harmful substances, resists the greenhouse effect and has good feng shui connotations
5. Feng shui living room taboos
- The living room should not be divided since the homeowner will become easily lonely.
- Only one complete sofa set should be put in the living room. In a spacious living room, do not add or remove single chairs, or arrange two sofa sets. This will have several negative consequences on family feelings.
- In the living room, don’t expose the location of fortune. From the door to the corner of the wall, this location is normally diagonal. If this position is defective or leads into another space, the house owner will lose money.
- In the living room of a feng shui home, there shouldn’t be a line from the front door to the back door.
- Allowing the living room to be gloomy can deplete the space’s vitality.
- Avoid having a concave and uneven living room floor. The owner’s fortune will move up and down as a result of this turmoil.
- In the living room, there should be no phone lines. Telephone wires in the living room, according to feng shui specialists, are hazardous to travel. Simultaneously, it disrupts the airfields, hurting the owner’s relationship and profession.
- There should not be too many spherical objects in the living room. A pleasant, dynamic ambiance is required in the living room, however, the movement is represented by the circle, which is a positive element. As a result, you should keep the usage of spherical objects in the living room to a minimum.
Read more: The Lucky Cat – Knowing all The Significance to Attract Luck
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit content