Foo Dog is one of the feng shui items that people use a lot today. However, this item is also extremely dangerous for those who do not understand the Foo Dog meaning, effect, how to choose – how to use it as well as what to avoid when using the Unicorn. And in today’s article, Thien Moc Huong will introduce in detail this feng shui item!
1. What is a Foo Dog?
The Foo Dog is a mythical Chinese creature with the head of a Dragon, the body of a horse, and the scales of a carp. This mascot is also known as the Dragon Horse or the Chinese Unicorn.
In European culture, it is similar to the white horse with one horn on its forehead and two wings. However, the traditional Foo Dog also has a goatee, a lion’s tail, and claws like a cow. This makes it different from a regular horse.
The unicorn brings auspicious omens with strong and auspicious feng shui energy. The Unicorn is very loyal to its owner and will protect the house from evil. Therefore, the Unicorn has a higher royal status than other feng shui items.
Foo Dog is one of the four noble mascots: Long (Dragon), Lan (the Foo Dog), Quy, and Phung (Phoenix). Lan (the Foo Dog) in which Ky is a male, and Lan is a female, collectively known as Ky Lan.
The Unicorn has a head that is half Dragon, half Beast, only 1 horn, this horn is considered the embodiment of Tu Tam.
Read more: What is money frog? What does it mean in Feng shui?
2. The Myth and the Legend
The image of a one-horned animal has been found on some seals from the Indus Valley civilization. Medieval knowledge of this creature comes from the Bible and ancient sources about creatures resembling wild donkeys, goats, or horses.
In the classical works of ancient scholars, the Unicorn is described as a white and scaly creature, with five toes on each foot, horns covered with fur, and a tail resembling an ox.
The Unicorn is also described as a creature with a body consisting of five colors red, white, blue, yellow and black. It holds the elite title of all furry creatures, capable of walking on both land and water.
Unicorns are often associated with bringing wealth and luck to people. At the same time, it is also known as a benevolent guardian mascot, bringing family harmony.
However, in most legends and stories in literature, the image of the Foo Dog meaning is associated with the luck of children.
Unicorn statues often have the image of a baby riding on a Unicorn and holding a lotus flower in his hand. This signifies the proliferation, the dream of children and grandchildren piled up. Therefore, infertile families often display the statue of the Ky Lan Song Tu in the house.
As an embodiment of Compassion, the Unicorn is also sometimes used as a symbol in Buddhist practice. There was also a time when unicorns were embroidered on court robes as a symbol of power and wisdom.
3. Foo Dog meaning and effects in feng shui life
3.1. Foo Dog Meaning
Like the Pixiu, the Unicorn brings wealth, promoting status as well as a fortune to the owner.
With the head of a dragon and the body of a horse, the Foo Dog is a noble symbol that it holds in feng shui. They have strength, courage, high aspiration, a sense of competition, welfare, and determination.
3.2. The effect in feng shui life
- The Unicorn reduces the drought: The Unicorn statue has the effect of exorcising evil, increasing the family’s happiness. Decorating this mascot in the house will help reduce the danger by the flow of bad energy, accidents and illnesses will also be mitigated.
- Avoid evil, prevent murder: If the main door is attacked by the corridor, committing “crisis” or “damage”, then use Ky Lan to neutralize it.
- Dissolution of Tam Sat: The azimuth of Tam Sat is different depending on the year term. To neutralize Tam Sat, it is necessary to use three Ky Lan (using Ky Lan to clear the light) placed in the direction of Tam Sat, the head of the Ky Lan is placed in the direction of Tam Sat.
- Improving luck, reducing drought: The unicorn is a special animal symbolizing auspiciousness. Decorating the unicorn in the house will have the effect of warding off evil spirits and increasing the family’s happiness.
- Neutralizing the White Tiger: Placing a pair of Foo Dogs at the location of the White Tiger in the house. It can neutralize the aggressiveness of the White Tiger, and protect the people living in the house. In particular, when the White Tiger direction is hit by a chimney or a sharp object, the Unicorn can be neutralized.
In addition, the Ky Lan also has the ability to neutralize the evil spirits of the bad stars in the bad luck, so it can be arranged in the years when the homeowner is entangled with severe drought, affecting the health and career of the destiny.
3.3. Foo Dog meaning for children
Legend has it that, before Khong Tu was born, a unicorn appeared at his house, spitting out a jade book, in the jade book recording the fortune of this saint, saying that he was the son of a prince but born out of time. So when Khong Tu was born everyone called him Unicorn.
The Unicorn is a divine beast that gives children, so in the symbol of “Tong Tu unicorn” there is a child riding on a unicorn’s back, holding a lotus flower in his hand, signifying the birth of a son, that is the meaning. implicit in the icon.
The unicorn and the jade book combined in one symbol is called “the auspicious unicorn” (auspicious unicorn) or the desired unicorn.
In addition to the meaning of increasing human prosperity, it can also recruit talent, increase happiness, destroy ears, solve yoke, eliminate demons, neutralize murderous intent.
4. How to choose a perfect feng shui object
The feng shui unicorn is suitable for all parties but still has a difference in color and material to bring the best prosperity.
Metal element: Using dogs made of metal or terracotta, ceramics and with colors belonging to Metal element (compatible) such as white, metallic, silver or Tho (mutual) like gold, brown will help achieve career success.
Wood element: Using dogs made of wood or glass and having colors belonging to the Water element (mutual) like blue, black or par Moc (compatibility) like green will bring good fortune. for the owner.
Water element: Using dogs made of materials from jade, glass or metal and with colors of water element (compatibility) and metal element (mutual birth) will help neutralize bad luck, bring luck, money.
Fire element: Using dogs made of wood and colors belonging to the Fire element (compatible) such as red, orange, pink, purple or Wood element (mutual) will help bring luck and success in career.
Earth element: Using dog made of ceramic and with colors belonging to the Earth element (compatibility) or Fire element (mutual) will help neutralize bad luck.
5. How to place a Foo Dog to attract fortune into the house
To put a unicorn in harmony with feng shui, the first and most important rule is not to display unicorns that have not been cleared (cleared eyes), i.e., the procedure for the mascot to receive the owner.
However, this procedure needs to be done by feng shui masters or monks at the temple who are knowledgeable and professional; avoiding doing it yourself will be counterproductive and only done for the mascot displayed in the house—not performed for mascots worn on people.
After clearing, the owner can refer to the following locations:
* Put feng shui unicorns in the house
– If the owner wishes that his children will put unicorns in the bedroom and in accordance with the owner’s destiny, choose an appropriate direction.
– If the homeowner wants to succeed at work, students will place a pair of unicorns in workspaces such as the office, reading room, or on the table.
– Do not place the Unicorn near a window, as this shows a disrespectful attitude towards the mascot, which can cause the Unicorn to “bite back” at the host, bringing disaster to the whole family.
* Put feng shui unicorns in companies, shops
Usually, at companies, businesses display unicorns in pairs. A pair of unicorns locate on either side of the main door of the company. It can be with the tail facing inward, the head facing out, will give the company and business great promotion opportunities.
6. How to use feng shui objects according to Foo Dog meaning?
- Avoid going to places that are filthy and unclean.
- Don’t give, sell, or give used Unicorns to others.
- When not in use, keep the Unicorn clean by storing it in a box or bag. When the new Unicorn is employed again, the ability of the new Unicorn is further enhanced.
- Do not put the Unicorn into the house with its head.
- If you put the Unicorn’s head in front of the mirror, it will interfere with light observation.
- Do not place the Unicorn in the bed with its head turned, as this will cause the homeowner to have a restless night’s sleep.
- Dishonest practitioners should avoid unicorns.
- It is necessary to clear the Unicorn before decorating or worshiping it; else, it will not work
Read more: The Lucky Cat – Knowing all The Significance to Attract Luck