Because of the Obsidian meaning and its good feng shui properties. Obsidian stone is a favorite item of interest today. However, there are still many people who do not know what Obsidian crystal is. Besides the uses and properties of this stone.
Table of Contents
- 1. What is Obsidian Stone? Basic information to know about Obsidian crystal
- 2. What is the meaning and use of Obsidian stone?
- 3. Who can own Obsidian stone?
- 4. How to distinguish Obsidian crystal?
1. What is Obsidian Stone? Basic information to know about Obsidian crystal
Obsidian is a stone known by another name, “volcanic glass stone”. This stone is found in nature. And so far, it has been applied in many fields. Especially in feng shui and health care. So let’s take a look at some of the features of this feng shui stone.
1.1 What is Obsidian Stone?
Obsidian stone, also known as volcanic glass. It is formed from volcanic eruptions in the form of igneous stone. The structure of the Obsidian crystal is over 70% Silicon Dioxide (SiO2). We will often encounter Obsidian stones that are black and dark gray. Besides, some are green, brown, purple or blue.
1.2 What is the origin of Obsidian stone?
Obsidian crystal was previously known to ancient cultures during the Stone Age. It is used to make sharp tools or arrowheads. This type is also polished to make a mirror.
In the Middle East – Ubaid is present-day Turkey, in the 5th century BC, people found blades of Obsidian. In addition, the Egyptians also used this stone to make tools with blades.
1.3 Obsidian crystal distribution
Obsidian crystal is found in many places after volcanic eruptions. Such as: Argentina, Armenia, Guatemala, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, Canada. Besides, it is also in Chile, Greece, El Salvador, New Zealand, Peru, Scotland, and the United States.
With buried Obsidian flows then overlaid are found in the mouths of volcanoes. Such as the Newberry Volcano and Medicine Lake Volcano in the Cascade Range of Western North America. Addition, east of the Inyo Craters of the Sierra Nevada of California.
An obsidian ridge has also been found in Yellowstone National Park. It is between Mammoth Hot Springs and the Norris Geyser Basin.
Obsidian deposits can be found in several other parts of the western United States. Such as Arizona, Washington, Colorado, Texas, New Mexico, Utah, Oregon and Idaho. In addition, Obsidian is also found in Virginia.
In Vietnam, this stone is also found in the Northwest and Central Highlands.
1.4 Chemical properties
- Stone Type: Volcanic Glass Stone
- Scientific name: Obsidian
- Chemical formula: SiO2 – Silicon Dioxide contains impurities.
- Chemical composition: Over 70% silica, silicon, oxygen, aluminum, sodium, and potassium
- Color: Black, black gray, green, purple, blue, brown, golden, rainbow
- Mohs Hardness: 5 – 5.5
- Specific gravity: ~2.5.
1.5 Physical properties
Obsidian stone looks like a mineral, but it is not. Because it looks like glass and does not crystallize and has a complex composition. So, it can not form a particular mineral. This stone is not stable on the earth’s surface. Because, over time, they will decompose into fine mineral crystals. This stone has a low water content when it has not been weathered.
This crystal has a dark color but can vary depending on the amount of impurities contained in it. The magnesium and iron content give Obsidian a dark green color. Besides, obsidian is less commonly found in its colorless form.
2. What is the meaning and use of Obsidian stone?
Many people also wonder about the Obsidian meaning and use. So in this section, you will learn about the Obsidian meaning and use.
2.1 Medical and health uses of Obsidian stone
Obsidian uses are found in:
- When combining volcanic glass and quartz crystals, people see the benefits of treating psychological and spiritual problems. Besides, it helps to relieve pressure, stress. In addition, it also helps to bring comfort. roof for the spirit.
- Putting Obsidian under the pillow will help owners sleep better. Besides, it also helps with deeper sleep and fewer nightmares.
- People often suffer from diseases of the nervous system. Such as headaches and fatigue, will feel much more comfortable. Because of the positive impact of Obsidian stone.
- This stone has also been found to have a positive effect on the 6th chakra. It helps to cure diseases of the digestive system, stomach. Therefore, it improves function to help eat better with better absorption.
- This crystal also helps stabilize blood pressure and strengthens the immune system.
- The Indians use this stone to demagnetize the field to help reduce the harm from environmental pollution. Besides, it also helps to improve and protect better health.
- This crystal is made into a scalpel. Because the blade is sharper than those of steel, cast iron, or iron or alloy. Its knife incisions will be more beautiful and less dangerous for the patient.
- This stone is also an effective pain reliever. So it is used to treat diseases related to joints and muscles.
2.2 The Obsidian Feng Shui Meaning
In addition to its health uses, this stone is also known for its spiritual feng shui meanings, such as:
Obsidian is known as a protective stone of integrity. This stone helps to increase strength to protect the owner when in danger. It attracts positive energies and banishes negative energies to protect the owner from evil spirits.
Because good energy helps to protect the mind, it reassures the star to stay calm, confident and alert. Therefore, reducing the pressure and dispelling fear, confusion, or anger for no reason.
This crystal helps owners control their emotions effectively. In addition, it helps prevent people from falling into sin, and adapts to the environment. But it does not affect their character and good qualities.
The Obsidian crystal is also a stone that enhances positivity for emotional relationships, colleagues, friends, family…
In general, this stone is a protective stone. Because it helps bring positive effects on both health and feng shui. So you can choose this stone for yourself. But keep an eye on it to see if it is suitable or not according to the zodiac sign.
3. Who can own Obsidian stone?
Those who can use the Obsidian stone are those with the concubines of the Water and Wood elements. Because Obsidian’s characteristics are dark gray and black. It is the color of the element of water. Additions, the color that is compatible with the people of Wood. So wearing them will be good for these people.
4. How to distinguish Obsidian crystal?
Currently, the market has many places that provide fake stones to deceive customers. For inexperienced people, choosing the right fake is very easy. However, identifying this stone is not difficult. Because fakes are often made from plastic or latex.
Counterfeit goods will usually be very light. Especially without the optical effect.
However, there are types that are injected with optical effects to create a fake silver luster. But when worn for a period of time, the effect will be gradually reduced. Because this optical color will evaporate.
You just need to pay attention to the optical effect and the right price to avoid buying a fake.
Above is the information Thien Moc Huong has shared. So now you know what Obsidian stone is and what Obsidian meaning . I hope to help you understand more about stone. If you have any questions, please contact us for answers.