Table of Contents
1. What is Jasper Stone?
Jasper is one of many types of quartz. It is an opaque and impure Silicon Dioxide (SiO2). The name Jasper comes from the Greek word for “spotted stone”, alluding to its colorful, striped, spotted appearance. Somehow, Jasper can form in most colors but is rarely uniform in color. In Vietnam, jasper is sometimes called jasper and red jasper is known by many as red jade.
Moreover, Jasper is often considered a member of the Chalcedony group in quartz, the same family as Agate, Onyx, Bloodstone, Carnelian, .. however, some scientists have classified Jasper into a separate category because of the grain structure
Originally, red jade has long been used in the historic river. In the Egyptian ruins excavated, people discovered Jasper buried with the dead thousands of years ago. Besides, Jasper is the 12th stone in the breastplate of the Jewish God.
2. Natural properties of Jasper stone
- Chemical formula: SiO2
- Crystal structure: Trigonal – microcrystalline aggregates
- Color: all colors: red, blue, black, gold, silver, brown, leopard… often with spots or stripes
- Mohs hardness: 6.5 – 7.0
- Specific gravity: 2.58 – 2.91
- Refractive index: 1.54
- Birefringence: 0
- Fluorescent: No
- World Distribution: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Madagascar, Mexico, Russia, Uruguay, Venezuela and the United States
3. Red jade application in life
3.1 Health effects
- Jasper is used in the treatment of digestive and urinary tract disorders
- Balance minerals, help the body to be harmonious and healthy
3.2 Spiritual feng shui meaning
- Jasper conveys calm, compassionate, humble energy to people
- Reduce insecurity, help owners be more confident in life
Read more: What is a money frog? What does it mean in Feng shui?
4. What is Jasper stone suitable for?
Jasper comes in many colors. Currently, the most popular is the red Jasper – also known as red jade, this type is suitable for people with Fire and Earth par. On the other hand, green Jasper is suitable for Wood and Fire people
5. Jewelry, items from Jasper stone
Jasper is a member of the Chalcedony Quartz family – one of the most important gemstone jewelry groups of all time. Jasper is favored by both jewelers and customers for its variety of colors, shapes and affordable prices.
Besides, raw Jasper is durable, fairly hard, highly resistant to wear and tear, suitable for almost every kind of design imaginable. Additionally, it can be made into pendants, rings, bracelets. In Vietnam, many people love the feng shui red jade ball and hand rollerball because of the positive energy it brings.
6. Instructions for preserving Jasper Stone
Jasper is quite durable, but many harder stones can still scratch it, such as Sapphire, Topaz, Spinel, etc.
Moreover, Red jade is quite porous, easily absorbing chemicals and stains. Instantly, avoid using harsh chemicals to clean Jasper, which may cause it to discolor. Avoid keeping Jasper near high heat sources for a long time as this can cause the stone to fade
When cleaning red jade, you just need to leave them under clean running water for about 10-15 minutes to remove dirt and bad energy from the stone.
That is everything you need to know about Red Jasper. This miraculous stone promises a lot of good fortune and feng shui effect for its owner. Learn more about other kinds of stones and jewelry in our next articles!
Read more: Garnet Stone – The beneficial information about it
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit content